For recruiters, hunting for talent is tough work. Imagine if an applicant from the company’s social media network reaches out for a job. Interesting, right? Well, not as quirky as it sounds today, but social recruiting has become an integral part of the recruiting strategy for many companies.
94 percent of professional recruiter’s network on social media and use it to post job opportunities. And, as much as 59 percent of employees say the company’s social media presence was part of the reason they choose their workplace.
What is social recruiting?
Essentially, social recruiting (sometimes referred to as social media recruitment/hiring) is the use of social media networks such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to attract and hire talent. Typically, it entails regular job postings and connects with high –quality applicants.
Tips for social media recruiting
- Optimize the Linkedin page for searches
Linkedin company pages are indexable on Google. It means Linkedin pages show up on Google. Therefore, you need to be careful while writing introductions. Try and include words that applicants might use to search for your company.
- Seek employees assistance
Your employees are your biggest asset to get the word out about your company culture. Asking employees to share their working experience on their social media networks will garner attention towards company culture. However, before you do this, you will need a social media policy.
- Create employer branding videos
Take a look at the social media pages of enterprises, you will see several videos. Videos are engaging. From the looks of videos, it may seem you need a professional to create such videos. However, you can create such videos with the help of your camera and the right techniques.
- Use a social recruiting software
Several recruiting software streamlines the entire recruitment process. From job posting to tracking applicants, they manage everything. It can drastically reduce the time spent on scheduling, posting and tracking applicants.
Best practices for social hiring
Techniques aside, there are a few things you can do to excel at social hiring.
- Network and engage with your applicants – You may get several applicants. Practically, it is not feasible to have a conversation with each applicant. However, try and respond to each one. If it helps, an automated message would work. If you engage with a potential candidate, be personable.
- Show off your company culture – Company culture is a major priority for workers today. Post pictures of celebrations and events to show off your company culture. However, refrain from posting too frequently.
- Share the right mix of posts -- If you keep talking about your company, you may come off as superior. So a much better approach is to keep a mix of posts including ‘We’re hiring’.
- Use appropriate social media platform—All social media platforms may not be suitable for your organization. You will need to understand your employee persona and find out the right platform to attract desired talent.