- Apply makeup to beautify, enhance or alter the features of people preparing for special occasions, movie productions and stage appearances.
- Cleanse and exfoliate the skin as needed to prepare it for the application of makeup.
- Analyze skin tones and facial features to determine what shades and types of makeup will be the best fit for each client.
- Study each client’s skin type and select products that will not irritate the skin or contribute to breakouts.
- Establish budgets for makeup, beauty supplies and tools, and ensure that all purchased supplies fit within budgetary restraints.
- Duplicate work when dealing with the same clients on a regular basis to ensure conformity and consistency in their appearance.
- Cooperate with production or stage officials and confer with other performers to achieve the desired effect when applying makeup.
- Document specific looks by taking photos regularly and writing makeup sheets that can be referred to for future use.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Detailed knowledge of the latest products, services and industry techniques
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to obtain and maintain required licensing
- Two or more years of experience in cosmetology or a related field